There are numerous calls from the members asking about various doubts on eps 95 higher pension cases. To avoid calls I would like to mention the following clarification for the information of the members.
THE FAKE NEWS
On social media, there are some fake news/messages being circulated. Please don’t rely on any unauthorized news/messages. Don’t rely on any Fake news/ messages.
It is 90% expected that the judgment on pension on actual salary may come any time on or before 26/08/2022 as justice UU LALITH is going to be CJI from 27/08/2022.
In case the judgment is not pronounced by the above date the judgment has to be given before 8th November 22 as justice UU LALITH is going to be retired on 8th Nov 22.
The judgment will be definitely in favour of EPS Pensioners in view of the following:
- The RC GUPTA judgment which is the landmark judgment in favour of EPS Pensioners can not be reversed as there is no appeal against the RC GUPTA judgment.
- The JUDGMENTS in more than 1000 writ petitions in various High Courts are in favour of EPS Pensioners.
- All the 11 appeals of EPFO are dismissed in the supreme court and are in favour of EPS Pensioners.
- PENSION IS A RIGHT AND NOT A BOUNTY is the verdict in the judgment in one of the supreme court cases.
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT RULES OVER FINANCIAL VIABILITY.
The government can not take shelter of financial viability to evade the social security of EPS Pensioners.
The EPS scheme is NOT A CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME as submitted by EPFO.
THE EPS PENSION SCHEME IS A DEFINED PENSION SCHEME.
- RTI information and supplied to EPS 95 Pensioners Advocates from time to time.
- EPS 95 Pensioners Sr. Advocates and AOR have performed excellently during arguments.
- The NCR and NCOA have played an excellent role in the EPS cases.
- The KHCJ respondents also performed excellently during arguments.
JOINT OPTION FORMS.
Most of the members have submitted JOINT OPTION FORMS in the concerned offices and most of the forms are forwarded to the ZONAL OFFICE for onward transmission to EPFO.
But still, there may be some members who have not submitted their JOINT OPTION FORMS so far, MAY SUBMIT THE JOINT OPTION FORMS immediately to the concerned offices in view of the forthcoming judgment.